The majority of people do gamble responsibly. It may help you to keep your gambling under control by remembering the following;
-You're buying fun, not investing your money
-Before playing, set strict limits on how much time and money you're going to spend
-Quit while you're ahead
-Only gamble with money you can afford to lose
-Don't spend more money on gambling with the hope to win back money that you have lost
-Keep up other interests and hobbies – don't let gambling take over your life
-Don't gamble in order to escape from stress or boredom
-Gambling in moderation is okay
-For some however gambling can become a problem. If you are concerned about the amount you are gambling, and feel it is taking over your life (or you are concerned for a friend or relative) then the following questions may help you, to give you some guidance.
Have others ever criticised your gambling?
· Have you ever lied to cover up the amount you have gambled or time you have spent doing it?
· Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
· Do you gamble alone for long periods?
· Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
· Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
· Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
· Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
· After losing, do you feel you must try to win back your losses as soon as possible?
· When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
· Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
· Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
· Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
If you feel you have answered 'yes' to several of these questions then it may be that a gambling problem exists. For friendly and helpful advice from trained counsellors call the GamCare helpline on 0845 6000 133. The helpline is open 24 hours a day. Sometimes just telling someone about your problem can be a relief and it is the first step towards dealing with your problem. You can also visit the GamCare website www.gamcare.org.uk uk for more information and advice
People’s Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities including Postcode Global Trust, a charity registered in Scotland (SC044038) and regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences 000-035621-N-316737-003 and 000-035621-R-316736-002.
For details on each week’s society lottery visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/society Ticket price £2, with 5 draws each month and minimum £10 payable in advance. For a full list of prizes available visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes Maximum ticket prize is 10% of draw proceeds up to £400,000. Players must be 16 years or over. Only available to play with postcodes in England, Scotland and Wales. Not available in NI. Conditions apply. See www.postcodelottery.co.uk Postcode Lottery Ltd is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences 829-N-102511-009 and 829-R-102513-008. Registered office: Postcode Lottery Ltd, Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR. Company reg. no. 04862732. VAT reg. no. 848 3165 07.
People's Postcode Lottery is a charity lottery in Great Britain. Players play with their postcodes to win cash prizes whilst raising money for charities and good causes. 50p from every £2 ticket goes directly to good causes like us.
Players of People's Postcode Lottery have the chance to win a prize every day:
· Monday to Friday, every winning ticket scoops £1,000 with the Daily Prize
· On Saturdays, one lucky postcode wins £25,000 per winning ticket
· Every Sunday, 10,000 postcodes win £10 per ticket
· Every month, one lucky postcode wins £100,000, and three winning tickets scoop a dream holiday worth £4,000 plus £1,000 spending money
· Postcode Millions Draws are held nine times per year, with shared prize pots of at least £1 million!
As 50p from every £2 ticket is awarded to charities and good causes, players of People's Postcode Lottery have raised over £56.1 Million to date, which is distributed to beneficiaries through Postcode African Trust, Postcode Animal Trust, Postcode Care Trust, Postcode Children Trust, Postcode Community Trust, Postcode Culture Trust, Postcode Dream Trust, Postcode Green Trust, Postcode Global Trust, Postcode Heroes Trust, Postcode Planet Trust, Postcode Sport Trust and People's Postcode Trust.
If you would like to play People's Postcode Lottery, have the chance of winning big, and help to support us, then Sign up here to play now or call Free-phone 0808 1098765.
People's Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charitable organisations which support a range of good causes. For details on which society lottery is running each week please see the Charity Draw Calendar.
Tickets are £2 per draw with 5 draws per month paid monthly in advance. Players must be 16 years or over. Only available in England, Scotland and Wales. Conditions apply, see full Terms and Conditions. Maximum prize is £400,000 or 10% of draw proceeds.
The Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences nr 829-N-102511-009 and 829-R-102513-008. Registered office: Postcode Lottery Ltd, Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR, United Kingdom.
For assistance call us on 0808-10•9•8•7•6•5 or visit the Contact Us page of the website. © 2012 Postcode Lottery Ltd